Bucs' OC: Chris Godwin has earned right to start
According to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken said wide receiver Chris Godwin has earned the right to be a starter.
So far, the second-year Godwin has garnered a good deal of praise from the second-year OC. While the team will surely try to get him on the field more, it's unlikely that Godwin takes over the second wideout role from DeSean Jackson, meaning he'd take more of a third receiver spot from Adam Humphries.
Last season, Godwin turned 55 targets into 34 catches, 525 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Marcus Mariota (elbow) practicing again for Titans Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Kelvin Benjamin (hip) practicing in full for Bills Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Julio Jones (calf) misses Falcons' practice again Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Marlon Mack (hamstring) absent from Colts' Thursday practice September 20th, 2018
- Case Keenum (knee) returns to Broncos practice Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Ravens' C.J. Mosley (knee) returns to practice Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Brent Grimes (groin) expects to make season debut Monday September 20th, 2018
- Bucs coach not committing to a Jameis Winston return in Week 4 September 17th, 2018
- Mike Evans catches 10 passes, scores as Bucs sink Eagles September 17th, 2018
- Bucs' Ryan Fitzpatrick stays hot, throws for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns on Sunday September 16th, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (concussion) expected to play on Sunday for Tampa Bay September 15th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul has 'jacked up' knee September 12th, 2018