Bucs' OC: Chris Godwin has earned right to start
According to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken said wide receiver Chris Godwin has earned the right to be a starter.
So far, the second-year Godwin has garnered a good deal of praise from the second-year OC. While the team will surely try to get him on the field more, it's unlikely that Godwin takes over the second wideout role from DeSean Jackson, meaning he'd take more of a third receiver spot from Adam Humphries.
Last season, Godwin turned 55 targets into 34 catches, 525 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Broncos' third-rounder Royce Freeman 'absolutely' can earn lead role June 25th, 2018
- Randall Cobb reportedly dealing with ankle injury, could miss start of Packers' training camp June 25th, 2018
- Patriots' Julian Edelman's appeal scheduled for Monday June 25th, 2018
- Chad Williams could start for Cardinals in 2018 June 22nd, 2018
- Rob Kelley on Washington roster bubble June 22nd, 2018
- Browns intend to ride 'hot hand' at running back June 22nd, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston could be facing suspension June 21st, 2018
- Ronald Jones could see 15-20 touches a game for Buccaneers June 18th, 2018
- Buccaneers' sophomore Chris Godwin emerging as playmaker June 13th, 2018
- Buccaneers' second-rounder Ronald Jones expected to split backfield work June 11th, 2018