Bucs' OC: Chris Godwin has earned right to start
According to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken said wide receiver Chris Godwin has earned the right to be a starter.
So far, the second-year Godwin has garnered a good deal of praise from the second-year OC. While the team will surely try to get him on the field more, it's unlikely that Godwin takes over the second wideout role from DeSean Jackson, meaning he'd take more of a third receiver spot from Adam Humphries.
Last season, Godwin turned 55 targets into 34 catches, 525 yards and 1 touchdown.
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski to decide in 'next couple weeks' February 19th, 2019
- Charles Clay joins Cardinals with 1-year deal February 19th, 2019
- Antonio Brown meets with Steelers owner, agree 'time to move on' February 19th, 2019
- Cowboys reportedly letting Terrance Williams walk February 18th, 2019
- Bills release tight end Charles Clay on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- Bucs' Cameron Brate (hip) has offseason surgery January 19th, 2019
- Buccaneers could release Gerald McCoy this offseason January 16th, 2019
- Bruce Arians: Jameis Winston needs to be 'little bit smarter' for Buccaneers January 11th, 2019
- Buccaneers reportedly finalizing deal with Bruce Arians January 8th, 2019
- Jameis Winston will be back in Tampa Bay in 2019, GM says December 31st, 2018