Cowboys address receiving issues by drafting WR Michael Gallup with 81st pick
The Dallas Cowboys drafted Colorado State Rams wide receiver Michael Gallup with the 81st overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
After the release of Dez Bryant, the Cowboys had a glaring hole at receiver and grabbed Gallup in the third round to try an address it. A junior college transfer, the 6'1" wideout excelled in two seasons at CSU, grabbing 100 catches in his final season. He joins an underwhelming crew of Allen Hurns, Terrence Williams, and Cole Beasley, leaving Gallup with plenty of chances to see decent volume his rookie season.
In two seasons, Gallup racked up 176 catches, 2,690 yards, and 21 touchdowns.
- T.J. Hockenson standing out at Lions training camp August 1st, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance begins practicing designed run plays in training camp August 1st, 2021
- Dolphins' Mike Gesicki one of three Miami tight ends placed on reserve/COVID-19 list on Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz set to rehab foot injury before deciding on surgery August 1st, 2021
- Browns ink running back Nick Chubb to 3-year extension August 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper could miss start of training camp July 8th, 2021
- Ezekiel Elliott moving more swiftly for Cowboys July 2nd, 2021
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Michael Gallup has been 'moved around some and in the slot' this offseason June 10th, 2021