Patriots extend veteran safety Patrick Chung
The New England Patriots and strong safety Patrick Chung have agreed to a short-term contract extension, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
This is Chung's second short-term extension in the past nine months. The details are unknown at this time. Chung was set to make $2 million in the final year of his contract in 2018. In retaining the 30-year-old, the Patriots will have a solid veteran defense on the back end, having acquired Jason McCourty -- also 30 -- earlier this week.
This past season, Chung racked up 67 tackles, 9 passes defensed and 1 interception in 16 games.
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson suffers knee injury during Week 2 loss to Raiders September 19th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) questionable to return Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankle) sidelined against Rams, Jacob Eason now under center September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) questionable to return in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Davis Mills in for Tyrod Taylor in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021