Dontari Poe stays in NFC South, signs with Panthers
The Carolina Panthers signed defensive tackle Dontari Poe, formerly of the Atlanta Falcons, to a 3-year, $27 million contract, reports Kimberley A. Martin of the Washington Post.
Per Martin, the Washington Redskins also had interest. Poe will be tasked with filling in for Star Lotulelei, who signed with the Buffalo Bills. The former first-round pick spent 2017 playing for the Atlanta Falcons after spending his first five years with the Kansas City Chiefs. Turning 28 in September, Poe remains a solid run defender.
Poe recorded 39 tackles (23 solo) with 3 sacks and 2 pass deflections last season.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Andy Dalton explodes for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 16's divisional win over Eagles December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) active for Week 16 clash with Eagles December 27th, 2020