Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano
The Carolina Panthers could use their franchise tag on kicker Graham Gano, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport said it's "more likely" that Carolina uses the tag on Gano than guard Andrew Norwell, who is also set to become a free agent. Tagging the 30-year-old kicker would run the team about $4.9 million for this season.
Gano hit 29-of-30 field goal tries in 2017. In 6 years with the team he has a conversion rate of 85.3%.
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Ronald Jones could see 15-20 touches a game for Buccaneers June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' Luke Kuechly (shoulder) says he is on schedule June 12th, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Panthers place Fozzy Whittaker (knee) on injured reserve May 10th, 2018
- C.J. Anderson signs 1-year deal with Panthers May 7th, 2018