Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano
The Carolina Panthers could use their franchise tag on kicker Graham Gano, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport said it's "more likely" that Carolina uses the tag on Gano than guard Andrew Norwell, who is also set to become a free agent. Tagging the 30-year-old kicker would run the team about $4.9 million for this season.
Gano hit 29-of-30 field goal tries in 2017. In 6 years with the team he has a conversion rate of 85.3%.
- Sam Darnold struggles as Jets lose in rookie showdown with Baker Mayfield September 21st, 2018
- Browns' Carlos Hyde finds paydirt twice in Thursday's victory September 20th, 2018
- Baker Mayfield lifts Browns to first win since 2016 September 20th, 2018
- Baker Mayfield takes over as Browns quarterback with Tyrod Taylor (concussion) out September 20th, 2018
- Tyrod Taylor (head) exits, Baker Mayfield takes over for Browns on Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Davante Adams projected to finish as WR11 in Week 3 September 20th, 2018
- Panthers' D.J. Moore needs more usage, coach Ron Rivera said September 17th, 2018
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey catches 14 passes in Week 2 September 16th, 2018
- Cam Newton tops 300 yards but Panthers fall to Falcons in Week 2 September 16th, 2018
- Panthers' Daryl Williams (knee) placed on Injured Reserve September 12th, 2018
- Greg Olsen (foot) hopes to play again for Panthers this season September 11th, 2018
- Carolina won't stop Cam Newton from running the ball September 11th, 2018