Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano
The Carolina Panthers could use their franchise tag on kicker Graham Gano, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport said it's "more likely" that Carolina uses the tag on Gano than guard Andrew Norwell, who is also set to become a free agent. Tagging the 30-year-old kicker would run the team about $4.9 million for this season.
Gano hit 29-of-30 field goal tries in 2017. In 6 years with the team he has a conversion rate of 85.3%.
- Christine Michael re-signs with Colts March 21st, 2018
- Marshawn Lynch takes pay cut to stay with Raiders March 21st, 2018
- Lions sign Luke Willson to 1-year, $2.5 million contract March 21st, 2018
- Bills' Zay Jones arrested, charged with felony vandalism March 20th, 2018
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to return by May or June March 20th, 2018
- Eric Decker visiting Raiders on Tuesday March 20th, 2018
- Jarius Wright, Panthers reportedly come to terms March 19th, 2018
- Greg Olsen still 'committed' to playing for Panthers in 2018 March 16th, 2018
- Panthers' Greg Olsen could retire, join Monday Night Football crew March 16th, 2018
- Dontari Poe stays in NFC South, signs with Panthers March 15th, 2018
- Panthers re-sign Julius Peppers to one-year deal March 14th, 2018
- Panthers acquire Torrey Smith, send cornerback Daryl Worley to Eagles March 9th, 2018