Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano
The Carolina Panthers could use their franchise tag on kicker Graham Gano, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport said it's "more likely" that Carolina uses the tag on Gano than guard Andrew Norwell, who is also set to become a free agent. Tagging the 30-year-old kicker would run the team about $4.9 million for this season.
Gano hit 29-of-30 field goal tries in 2017. In 6 years with the team he has a conversion rate of 85.3%.
- Raiders release C.J. Anderson December 11th, 2018
- Buccaneers' DeSean Jackson (thumb) unable to squeeze ball December 11th, 2018
- Melvin Gordon (knee) limited on Tuesday for Chargers December 11th, 2018
- Eagles put Corey Clement (knee) on injured reserve December 11th, 2018
- Lions place Ezekiel Ansah on injured reserve with shoulder injury December 11th, 2018
- Tyreek Hill (heel) limited on Tuesday for Kansas City December 11th, 2018
- Carolina's Christian McCaffrey produces 101 scrimmage yards in Week 14's loss to Cleveland December 9th, 2018
- Cam Newton left off Panthers' final Week 14 injury report December 7th, 2018
- Graham Gano (knee) reportedly ruled out for Panthers Week 14 December 7th, 2018
- Panthers sign Chandler Catanzaro as Graham Gano (knee) insurance December 7th, 2018
- Cam Newton (shoulder) expected to play in Week 14 for Carolina December 6th, 2018
- Cam Newton (shoulder) not throwing at Panthers practice Thursday December 6th, 2018