Jaguars pick up Marcedes Lewis' third-year option
Per Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union, the Jacksonville Jaguars have exercised their club option on tight end Marcedes Lewis.
At 33, Lewis will return for his 13th season with the team. This year marks the final year of the veteran's three-year deal. He'll carry a cap hit of $3.75 million as he assumes his role as the lead tight end in Jacksonville.
Lewis caught 24-of-48 targets for 318 yards and 5 touchdowns in 2017.
- Rapoport: Bears expected to release Dion Sims February 20th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will only be traded if Steelers benefit February 20th, 2019
- Steelers say Le'Veon Bell will not be tagged February 20th, 2019
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski to decide in 'next couple weeks' February 19th, 2019
- Packers could cut ties with Jimmy Graham January 28th, 2019
- Green Bay Packers hire Matt LaFleur as head coach on Monday January 7th, 2019
- Davante Adams (knee) out in Week 17 for Green Bay December 30th, 2018
- Davante Adams (knee) misses another Packers practice December 27th, 2018
- Randall Cobb (concussion) returns to Packers practice December 27th, 2018
- Green Bay's Davante Adams (knee) absent from Wednesday's practice December 26th, 2018