Jaguars pick up Marcedes Lewis' third-year option
Per Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union, the Jacksonville Jaguars have exercised their club option on tight end Marcedes Lewis.
At 33, Lewis will return for his 13th season with the team. This year marks the final year of the veteran's three-year deal. He'll carry a cap hit of $3.75 million as he assumes his role as the lead tight end in Jacksonville.
Lewis caught 24-of-48 targets for 318 yards and 5 touchdowns in 2017.
- Chiefs believe Tyreek Hill could be suspended by the NFL next month June 24th, 2019
- Washington's Trey Quinn primed for inside slot role June 22nd, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon remains indefinitely suspended June 20th, 2019
- Parris Campbell should see time as the Colts' third receiver June 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams ready for 'expanded role' in 2019 June 16th, 2019
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette expects to have a role in 2019 passing game June 15th, 2019
- Packers pick up Michael Roberts June 18th, 2019
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling 'probably' Packers' second wideout June 13th, 2019
- Packers place original-round tender on Geronimo Allison March 14th, 2019
- Nick Perry waived by Green Bay March 12th, 2019
- Preston Smith, Packers reportedly agree on deal March 12th, 2019
- Adrian Amos reportedly signing with Green Bay March 12th, 2019