A.J. McCarron believed to be Browns' top option among free agent quarterbacks
ESPN reporter Pat McManamon believes quarterback A.J. McCarron has taken over the Cleveland Browns' top options in free agency.
McCarron won his grievance against the Cincinnati Bengals, and was officially named a free agent on Thursday. He was nearly traded to the Browns this past season, and he has voiced his desire to play there. While Kirk Cousins is certainly an option, he would undoubtedly come at a higher cost. McCarron made just $735,000 in the final year of his rookie deal this past season.
Through 3 starts and 11 career appearances, McCarron has completed 64.7% of his passes for 920 yards, 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
- Chad Williams could start for Cardinals in 2018 June 22nd, 2018
- Rob Kelley on Washington roster bubble June 22nd, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Browns intend to ride 'hot hand' at running back June 22nd, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant reportedly hasn't been informed of suspension June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Nathan Peterman working with Bills' first-team offense June 18th, 2018
- Bills expect Zay Jones (knee) to be ready for training camp June 14th, 2018
- Bills giving Josh Allen first-team reps this week June 12th, 2018
- Zay Jones (knee) undergoes surgery, to miss remainder of Bills' offseason program May 24th, 2018
- Bills uninterested in signing Dez Bryant April 29th, 2018