A.J. McCarron believed to be Browns' top option among free agent quarterbacks
ESPN reporter Pat McManamon believes quarterback A.J. McCarron has taken over the Cleveland Browns' top options in free agency.
McCarron won his grievance against the Cincinnati Bengals, and was officially named a free agent on Thursday. He was nearly traded to the Browns this past season, and he has voiced his desire to play there. While Kirk Cousins is certainly an option, he would undoubtedly come at a higher cost. McCarron made just $735,000 in the final year of his rookie deal this past season.
Through 3 starts and 11 career appearances, McCarron has completed 64.7% of his passes for 920 yards, 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
- Aaron Rodgers suffered groin injury in Packers' Week 15 loss December 18th, 2018
- Melvin Gordon (knee) feels 'good enough' for Chargers December 18th, 2018
- Wil Lutz converts on pair of field goals, Saints beat Panthers December 18th, 2018
- Mark Ingram produces 74 scoreless yards in Saints' win December 18th, 2018
- Drew Brees submits 203 scoreless yards, interception for New Orleans December 18th, 2018
- Cam Newton kept out of end zone again in Carolina loss December 18th, 2018
- Derek Carr 'a great quarterback' for Raiders December 17th, 2018
- Raiders release C.J. Anderson December 11th, 2018
- Jared Cook accounts for 116 receiving yards in Oakland's Week 14 victory over Pittsburgh December 9th, 2018
- Doug Martin (knee) will play for Oakland in Week 14 December 9th, 2018
- Doug Martin (knee) officially questionable for Raiders Week 14 December 7th, 2018
- Raiders' Seth Roberts (concussion) limited Thursday December 7th, 2018