Redskins trade Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick to Chiefs for Alex Smith
The Washington Redskins have sent cornerback Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for quarterback Alex Smith, per Adam Schefter and Field Yates of ESPN.
The soon-to-be 23-year-old Fuller was a 2016 third-round pick from Virgina Tech and has started 12 games the last two seasons for Washington. He has been used primarily to defend the slot or as a nickel back in his career. He will get a chance to start at right corner alongside Marcus Peters in the Chiefs secondary.
Fuller had 4 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, and 42 tackles for Washington in 2017.
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill scores 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship victory against Tennessee January 19th, 2020
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes accounts for 4 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship win January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins explodes for 114 yards and a score in Sunday's AFC Championship victory over Titans January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' LeSean McCoy inactive for AFC Championship game against Titans January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Chris Jones (calf) active for AFC Championship against Titans January 19th, 2020
- Tyreek Hill held to 41 yards Sunday in Chiefs' win January 13th, 2020