Matt McGloin signs with Houston after Deshaun Watson injury
The Houston Texans have signed quarterback Matt McGloin in the wake of the season-ending knee injury to Deshaun Watson.
McGloin will assume the backup quarterback job to Tom Savage in Week 9. He is familiar with the Texans offensive system as he spent his college days playing at Penn State for Houston head coach Bill O'Brien. The team has also not ruled out signing another quarterback and have reportedly had mild interest in working out free agent Colin Kaepernick.
In 13 career games played, McGloin has a completion percentage of 58.1% while throwing 11 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
- Jonathan Taylor drawing plenty of targets in Colts' passing game August 2nd, 2021
- 49ers' coach Kyle Shanahan would be "very surprised" if rookie Trey Lance starts Week 1 August 2nd, 2021
- Panthers rookie Terrace Marshall "will steal some folks’ jobs” August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins lift DeVante Parker off of PUP list August 2nd, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (turf toe) has bounced back this offseason August 2nd, 2021
- Jags' Travis Etienne making "nice grabs as a pass catcher" August 2nd, 2021
- Patrick Mahomes (toe) "feeling great" ahead of Chiefs' training camp July 10th, 2021
- Palmer: Chiefs could use two-tight end formations often in 2021 June 23rd, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) limited in practice on Wednesday February 3rd, 2021