Bears' Victor Cruz unlikely to make 53-man roster
Chicago Bears wide receiver Victor Cruz doesn't have a good chance of making the team's 53-man roster, according to the Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs.
At 31 years old with a sizable injury history, this wouldn't have come as a surprise just a few days ago. But the fact that this news comes just three days after starting wideout Cameron Meredith suffered a season-ending knee injury is a little perplexing. The Bears must feel okay with Kendall Wright, Kevin White and Markus Wheaton (finger) leading the receiving corps this season in Chicago.
Even if he makes the roster, Cruz isn't going to be a relevant fantasy asset. We project him for 31.0 receptions, 427.1 yards and 2.0 touchdowns as the Bears' fourth or five wide receiver to start the year.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) expected to play in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) questionable for Week 1 game against Rams September 10th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (back) limited for Bears again Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign wide receiver Breshad Perriman to 1-year deal September 2nd, 2021
- Tarik Cohen (knee) placed on PUP list, to miss Bears' first 6 games August 31st, 2021
- Bears' Tarik Cohen (knee) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Rams August 29th, 2021