Tyrell Williams could exceed expectations early in Chargers' season
San Diego Chargers wide receiver Tyrell Williams could be used more early in the season with first-round rookie Mike Williams out until October with a back injury.
Williams' absence and Keenan Allen coming back from a torn ACL could give Williams an increased workload early in 2017. Entering his third season, Williams is trying to hone his speed and size as his best weapon against opposing defenses. Coming off a season with 69 receptions, 1059 yards and 7 touchdowns, there is a chance he could exceed those numbers in 2017 with a hot start.
With a healthy Allen, our models project Williams for a regression, with 34.8 catches, 591.1 receiving yards, and 3.5 touchdowns. He is numberFire's 60th-ranked receiver this season.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Eagles reportedly acquire running back D'Andre Swift in trade with Lions April 29th, 2023
- Jahmyr Gibbs goes twelfth overall to Lions April 27th, 2023
- Lions' Jameson Williams suspended 6 games for gambling April 21st, 2023
- Lions reportedly sign running back David Montgomery on Tuesday March 14th, 2023
- Lions' D'Andre Swift (ankle) upgraded to full practice on Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Lions' D'Andre Swift (ankle) limited on Wednesday December 7th, 2022