Tyrell Williams could exceed expectations early in Chargers' season
San Diego Chargers wide receiver Tyrell Williams could be used more early in the season with first-round rookie Mike Williams out until October with a back injury.
Williams' absence and Keenan Allen coming back from a torn ACL could give Williams an increased workload early in 2017. Entering his third season, Williams is trying to hone his speed and size as his best weapon against opposing defenses. Coming off a season with 69 receptions, 1059 yards and 7 touchdowns, there is a chance he could exceed those numbers in 2017 with a hot start.
With a healthy Allen, our models project Williams for a regression, with 34.8 catches, 591.1 receiving yards, and 3.5 touchdowns. He is numberFire's 60th-ranked receiver this season.
- New York's Michael Carter (ankle) placed on injured reserve, out at least 3 games November 27th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron (knee) on injured reserve on Saturday November 27th, 2021
- Jets' Corey Davis (groin) doubtful for Week 12's game against Houston November 27th, 2021
- Washington's Logan Thomas (hamstring) 'likely' to be activated in Week 12 November 27th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) questionable for Washington's Week 12 matchup November 27th, 2021
- Titans place A.J. Brown (chest) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 15 November 27th, 2021
- Lions' D'Andre Swift (shoulder) considered day-to-day November 26th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (shoulder) ruled out for Detroit on Thanksgiving November 25th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (shoulder) questionable to return for Detroit on Thanksgiving November 25th, 2021
- Jared Goff (oblique) active for Detroit on Thanksgiving November 25th, 2021
- Lions' Jared Goff (oblique) questionable for Week 12, expected to start against Bears November 24th, 2021
- Jared Goff (oblique) expected to start for Lions on Thanksgiving November 23rd, 2021