Chris Carson outshines Eddie Lacy in Seahawks' second preseason game
Seattle Seahawks rookie running back Chris Carson turned six carries into 27 yards and one catch into 17 yards in Friday night's preseason game.
Nominal starter Eddie Lacy plodded his way to just 23 yards from scrimmage on seven touches. Carson essentially earned a committee spot with Lacy, playing 9-of-22 snaps with the first-team offense compared to Lacy's 13 first-team plays. While this performance and usage were intriguing, and it seems Carson has played himself onto the radar in single-season leagues, it must be noted that Thomas Rawls (ankle) was sitting this game out.
Our models project Lacy for 799 rushing yards and 5.00 touchdowns on 183 carries in 2017 while adding 23 catches for 168 yards, and 0.68 touchdowns. He is our RB25 in standard leagues this season.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Russell Wilson excited for Seahawks' new "super complex" offense June 13th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (shoulders, fingers) will require offseason surgery January 10th, 2021
- Seattle's Rashaad Penny inactive for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 9th, 2021
- Alex Collins promoted to Seattle's active roster for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (knee) questionable for Wild Card clash with Rams January 8th, 2021