Jordan Matthews 'week to week' with sternum fracture
Buffalo Bills wide receiver Jordan Matthews is "week to week" with a "chip fracture in his sternum."
The injury occurred on Sunday during Matthews' first practice since being acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles this past Friday. "Week to week" is a rather ambiguous timeline, but even if he's available Week 1, Matthews will miss valuable practice time entering the season as he tries to get acclimated to Buffalo's offense. Second-round rookie Zay Jones and 36-year-old Anquan Boldin are Tyrod Taylor's top options at receiver right now.
Assuming he plays a full 16-game season, numberFire's models project Matthews to catch 68.9 passes for 800.3 receiving yards and 5.57 touchdowns in 2017. He's 38th among all receivers in our fantasy rankings entering the year.
- Steelers sign wide receiver Deon Cain on Saturday November 16th, 2019
- Detroit's Ty Johnson clears concussion protocol on Saturday November 16th, 2019
- New England's Patrick Chung (chest, heel) will not play in Week 11's game against Philadelphia November 16th, 2019
- Bears place Trey Burton (calf) on Injured Reserve November 16th, 2019
- Houston's Will Fuller (hamstring) ruled out for Week 11's matchup against Baltimore November 16th, 2019
- Houston's Will Fuller (hamstring) game-time decision for Week 11's matchup against Baltimore November 15th, 2019
- Eagles' Jordan Howard (shoulder) questionable in Week 11 November 15th, 2019
- Philadelphia's Alshon Jeffery (ankle) will not play in Week 11's game against New England November 15th, 2019
- Eagles officially sign running back Jay Ajayi on Friday November 15th, 2019
- Jay Ajayi visiting Eagles on Friday November 15th, 2019
- Eagles' Jordan Howard (stinger) not cleared for contact November 15th, 2019
- Darren Sproles (torn hip flexor) done for Eagles this season November 15th, 2019