Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott likely to be suspended
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is bracing for a "short suspension" due to his involvement in a 2016 domestic violence incident, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The investigation is still ongoing, but Schefter says there is a "growing sense" Elliott will miss at least one game. He may not be worth a top-five selection in fantasy drafts with a potential suspension looming, but Zeke remains an elite RB1 heading into his second NFL season. Darren McFadden is second on the Cowboys' depth chart.
Without accounting for a potential suspension, numberFire's models project Elliott for 1,456.6 rushing yards and 11.73 touchdowns on 304.9 carries, adding 472.8 receiving yards and 2.10 touchdowns on 50.2 catches in 2017. He's currently the third overall running back in our preseason rankings.
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell offered more than $12 million a year July 18th, 2017
- Panthers under Dave Gettleman were not interested in extending Greg Olsen July 17th, 2017
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott broke man's nose during altercation, per TMZ July 17th, 2017
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott involved in altercation late Sunday July 17th, 2017
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott likely to be suspended July 14th, 2017
- Free agent DeAngelo Williams says he wouldn't play for four teams July 12th, 2017
- NFL investigation regarding Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott ongoing July 3rd, 2017
- Ezekiel Elliott to be more involved in Cowboys passing game June 15th, 2017