"Strong indication" Kirk Cousins will play season under franchise tag
There is a "strong indication" that Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins will play the 2017 season under the franchise tag, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Cousins and the team have until Monday to reach a long-term deal, but it looks like both sides are prepared to work off of the tag for now. It's likely that Cousins heads into free agency in 2018.
In 2016, Cousins ranked 5th in the NFL with 152.14 Passing Net Expected Points. Our models project him to throw for 4,728 yards, 26.4 touchdowns and 12.8 interceptions this coming season.
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (back) questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson arrested on Friday in Florida January 19th, 2018
- Jeremy Hill expected to leave Bengals in free agency January 19th, 2018
- Tom Brady (hand) returns to Patriots' practice on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Jaguars' Tashaun Gipson (foot) questionable for AFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Vikings' Kai Forbath projected to finish as the second-best fantasy kicker on Sunday January 18th, 2018
- Washington's Terrelle Pryor a possible 'fit' for return to Browns January 17th, 2018
- Jay Gruden wants Washington to identify long-term answer at quarterback January 8th, 2018
- Kirk Cousins throws 3 interceptions in Redskins' loss December 31st, 2017
- Samaje Perine totals 74 yards in Redskins' Week 16 win December 24th, 2017
- Washington's Samaje Perine (groin) is active for Week 16 December 24th, 2017
- Washington's Kapri Bibbs is expected to play a lot on Sunday December 24th, 2017