"Strong indication" Kirk Cousins will play season under franchise tag
There is a "strong indication" that Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins will play the 2017 season under the franchise tag, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Cousins and the team have until Monday to reach a long-term deal, but it looks like both sides are prepared to work off of the tag for now. It's likely that Cousins heads into free agency in 2018.
In 2016, Cousins ranked 5th in the NFL with 152.14 Passing Net Expected Points. Our models project him to throw for 4,728 yards, 26.4 touchdowns and 12.8 interceptions this coming season.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Redskins acquire quarterback Kevin Hogan in trade with Browns April 7th, 2018
- Paul Richardson reportedly heading to Washington with 5-year, $40 million contract March 13th, 2018
- Kirk Cousins will reportedly sign three-year deal with the Vikings March 13th, 2018
- Report: Redskins allowing Bashaud Breeland to test free agency March 10th, 2018
- Allen Robinson reportedly told by Jaguars he won't be tagged March 6th, 2018
- Kirk Cousins not expected to get franchised tagged by Washington March 1st, 2018