Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers
Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Jesse James spent a considerable amount of time working with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on connecting in the red zone at spring practices.
Big Ben "consistently targeted James in the end zone" at OTAs and minicamp, and it was "100 percent by design" as a teaching point for the 23-year-old tight end to be more aggressive in the end zone. James saw 62 targets a year ago but could earn more after the release of free-agent whiff Ladarius Green.
Our models project James for 429 receiving yards and 2.66 touchdowns on 43 catches in 2017.
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell will not report to OTAs on Tuesday May 21st, 2018
- Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger expects to play 3-to-5 more years May 1st, 2018
- Steelers move up in third round to draft QB Mason Rudolph April 27th, 2018
- Pittsburgh Steelers draft WR James Washington with 60th overall pick April 27th, 2018
- Steelers trade Martavis Bryant to the Raiders for a third-round pick April 26th, 2018
- Report: Steelers 'quietly listening to offers' for Martavis Bryant April 26th, 2018