Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers
Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Jesse James spent a considerable amount of time working with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on connecting in the red zone at spring practices.
Big Ben "consistently targeted James in the end zone" at OTAs and minicamp, and it was "100 percent by design" as a teaching point for the 23-year-old tight end to be more aggressive in the end zone. James saw 62 targets a year ago but could earn more after the release of free-agent whiff Ladarius Green.
Our models project James for 429 receiving yards and 2.66 touchdowns on 43 catches in 2017.
- Jaguars' Allen Robinson (ACL) expects to be healthy by start of free agency January 15th, 2018
- Chiefs' Darrelle Revis wants to return next season January 15th, 2018
- Titans' DeMarco Murray says he remains among league's best January 15th, 2018
- Drew Brees expects to re-sign with Saints January 15th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) expected to play for Patriots in AFC Championship Game January 15th, 2018
- Titans move on from Mike Mularkey after failing to agree to extension January 15th, 2018
- Martavis Bryant wants to remain with Steelers in 2018 January 15th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell 'definitely' wants to stick with Steelers January 15th, 2018
- Vance McDonald leads the Steelers in targets and catches in Sunday's loss January 14th, 2018
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster's late touchdown salvages a disappointing fantasy day January 14th, 2018
- Jesse James catches just 1 pass in Steelers' loss to Jaguars January 14th, 2018
- Martavis Bryant racks up 78 yards and a touchdown in Steelers' loss January 14th, 2018