Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers
Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Jesse James spent a considerable amount of time working with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on connecting in the red zone at spring practices.
Big Ben "consistently targeted James in the end zone" at OTAs and minicamp, and it was "100 percent by design" as a teaching point for the 23-year-old tight end to be more aggressive in the end zone. James saw 62 targets a year ago but could earn more after the release of free-agent whiff Ladarius Green.
Our models project James for 429 receiving yards and 2.66 touchdowns on 43 catches in 2017.
- Seattle's Doug Baldwin (hip) considered day-to-day December 12th, 2018
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette ranked as Week 15's RB8 December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce projected for 10.5 targets in Week 15's matchup against the Chargers December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (foot) officially out for Week 15 December 12th, 2018
- Eric Berry (heel) expected to make season debut for Chiefs Thursday night December 12th, 2018
- Atlanta's Austin Hooper (leg) unable to practice on Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- James Conner (ankle) does not practice for Steelers Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- James Conner (ankle) could return for Steelers this week December 11th, 2018
- Ben Roethlisberger (ribs) expects to play for Steelers Sunday December 11th, 2018
- JuJu Smith-Schuster has 8 catches for 130 yards, 2 scores in Steelers' loss December 10th, 2018
- Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown held to 35 yards in Week 14 December 9th, 2018
- Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger leaves Week 14's game with a rib injury December 9th, 2018