Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers
Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Jesse James spent a considerable amount of time working with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on connecting in the red zone at spring practices.
Big Ben "consistently targeted James in the end zone" at OTAs and minicamp, and it was "100 percent by design" as a teaching point for the 23-year-old tight end to be more aggressive in the end zone. James saw 62 targets a year ago but could earn more after the release of free-agent whiff Ladarius Green.
Our models project James for 429 receiving yards and 2.66 touchdowns on 43 catches in 2017.
- Austin Davis signed by Titans September 25th, 2018
- Dalvin Cook (hamstring) might play on Thursday for Minnesota September 25th, 2018
- Panthers' Greg Olsen (foot) 'way ahead of the curve' in rehab September 25th, 2018
- Jon Gruden: Derek Carr 'too aggressive' in Raiders' latest loss September 25th, 2018
- Buccaneers noncommittal on Week 4 quarterback September 25th, 2018
- Cowboys' Scott Linehan will continue calling offensive plays September 25th, 2018
- James Conner totals 95 yards for Steelers Monday night September 25th, 2018
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster records over 100 receiving yards again September 25th, 2018
- Antonio Brown scores for Steelers in relatively quiet Week 3 September 25th, 2018
- Ben Roethlisberger throws for 353 yards, 3 touchdowns as Steelers stave off Bucs September 25th, 2018
- Jets express interest in trading for Steelers' Le'Veon Bell September 24th, 2018
- Antonio Brown expresses gratitude for Steelers, says trade tweet 'stupid' September 20th, 2018