Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Chiefs' Darrelle Revis wants to return next season January 15th, 2018
- Browns expected to have interest in Chiefs' Alex Smith January 12th, 2018
- Bears hire ex-Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy as head coach January 8th, 2018
- Alex Smith throws for 33 yards in second half, Chiefs lose after leading 21-3 January 6th, 2018
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce (concussion) will not return to Saturday's game January 6th, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly open to trading Alex Smith this offseason January 6th, 2018