Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Rams' Gerald Everett not expected to be big factor against Vikings November 18th, 2017
- Seahawks remove Eddie Lacy from Week 11 injury report November 18th, 2017
- Browns' David Njoku projected for more production in Week 11 November 18th, 2017
- Chiefs' Harrison Butker projected as fourth-best kicker in Week 11 November 18th, 2017
- Falcons' Devonta Freeman has not been cleared for Week 11 November 18th, 2017
- Eagles' Jake Elliott projected as top-3 kicking option in Week 11 November 18th, 2017
- Jets not committing to Christian Hackenberg playing this season November 14th, 2017
- Jets sticking with Josh McCown at quarterback November 14th, 2017
- Jets' Bilal Powell has disappointing Week 10 in loss to Bucs November 13th, 2017
- Austin Sefrian-Jenkins goes for 67 yards in Jets' Week 10 defeat November 13th, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown underwhelms in Week 10 loss November 12th, 2017
- Robby Anderson goes for 85 yards and a score in Jets' Week 10 defeat November 12th, 2017