Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Damien Williams reportedly joining Chiefs' backfield March 22nd, 2018
- Sammy Watkins reportedly joins Chiefs for 3 years, $48 million March 13th, 2018
- Rams getting Marcus Peters from Chiefs for 2018 4th, 2019 2nd February 26th, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Report: Marcus Peters 'may not be long' for Kansas City February 20th, 2018
- Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent February 13th, 2018