Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Jerry Hughes excited for Bills' 4-3 scheme shift April 23rd, 2017
- Jaguars will draft a quarterback to compete with Blake Bortles April 23rd, 2017
- Patriots will trade Malcolm Butler to Saints this week or not at all April 23rd, 2017
- Buccaneers may use Noah Spence some at strong-side linebacker April 23rd, 2017
- Charles Tapper (back) is on track for Cowboys' OTAs April 23rd, 2017
- Falcons retain Taylor Gabriel as restricted free agent April 23rd, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson attended Jets' voluntary workouts April 23rd, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson could be dealt as Jets blow things up April 7th, 2017
- Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season April 7th, 2017
- Jalin Marshall's roster spot on Jets in question April 1st, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Jets may give Christian Hackenberg some starts next season March 22nd, 2017