Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington
Washington Redskins free agent quarterback Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington and would prefer to be franchise-tagged rather than sign a long-term deal, reports ESPN's Jason Reid.
Reid's sources are "former [Washington] officials who know Kirk Cousins," and it validates an earlier report this week claiming the two sides haven't made any progress in long-term discussions. It's fair to wonder if this is coming from the old Shanahan regime, as former Washington offensive coordinator Kyle -- now the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers -- has never been shy about his infatuation with Cousins. With the 28-year-old quarterback growing tired of how general manager Scot McCloughan and the front office have handled negotiations the past two offseasons, a reunion with Shanahan in San Francisco could be on the horizon.
Cousins earned the sixth-most Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Jets want to trade Sheldon Richardson before NFL Draft February 27th, 2017
- Chiefs expected to tag Eric Berry, let Dontari Poe hit open market February 27th, 2017
- Cowboys interested in Josh McCown for backup gig February 27th, 2017
- Alshon Jeffery won't receive franchise tag from Bears February 27th, 2017
- Panthers retain Mario Addison with three-year deal February 27th, 2017
- Broncos will consider Tony Romo if Cowboys release him February 27th, 2017
- Washington to pursue Cardinals' Calais Campbell in free agency February 25th, 2017
- Washington wondering if Cowboys' Tony Romo could be a possibility February 22nd, 2017
- Washington may deal Kirk Cousins to 49ers at NFL Combine February 22nd, 2017
- DeSean Jackson could wind up with Buccaneers February 21st, 2017
- Kirk Cousins won't sign long-term deal ahead of tag deadline February 21st, 2017
- Rams interested in Kirk Cousins if Washington doesn't sign him long-term February 19th, 2017