Patriots acquire Kyle Van Noy from Detroit for picks
The New England Patriots acquired outside linebacker Kyle Van Noy from the Detroit Lions.
The Lions will receive draft picks as compensation, per ESPN's Field Yates. He started all seven games for Detroit this season while playing 60 percent of the defensive snaps, but will likely be used for depth in New England.
Prior to the trade, our models projected Van Noy to record 54.16 more tackles without much else over the rest of the season. New England's defense currently ranks 11th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play, while the Lions rank dead last in the same metric.
- Raiders' Marshawn Lynch suspended one game for unsportsmanlike conduct October 20th, 2017
- Packers place Aaron Rodgers (broken collarbone) on injured reserve October 20th, 2017
- Willie Snead (hamstring) is questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (shoulder) misses Friday's practice and is listed as questionable October 20th, 2017
- Washington's Rob Kelley (ankle) is expected to start in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Dolphins' DeVante Parker (ankle) is doubtful for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chris Hogan (ribs) limited again for Patriots Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) limited at practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- James White totals 45 yards in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee loses fumble in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan held to 1 catch in win over Jets October 15th, 2017