Chargers hand James Jones pink slip 27 days after signing
The San Diego Chargers released wide receiver James Jones.
The Chargers join the Oakland Raiders and New York Giants as teams who have cut the 32-year-old receiver over the past two offseasons. Jones was signed 27 days ago to help fill the void left by Stevie Johnson (knee surgery) this year, but the veteran wideout failed to establish a role for himself. Tyrell Williams is a heavy favorite for the third receiver job in San Diego.
The 31-year-old Jones put up an unexpected line of 50 catches, 890 yards and 8 touchdowns last season with the Green Bay Packers. However, only two of those scores came after Week 6, and while teams may show interest, his days of fantasy relevance are likely in the rearview.
- Raiders' Bryan Edwards (foot) not listed on Week 3's injury report against New England September 26th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski: "I'm a blocking tight end. I came here to block" September 25th, 2020
- Kenyan Drake enjoying Cardinals' fast-paced offense heading into Week 3's game against Lions September 25th, 2020
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster not listed on injury report ahead of Week 3's clash with Houston September 25th, 2020
- Rams' Malcolm Brown (finger) removed from injury report ahead of Week 3's game against Buffalo September 25th, 2020
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins feeling confident in his preparation heading into Week 3's game against Detroit September 25th, 2020
- Dontrelle Inman traded to Bears for seventh-round draft pick October 25th, 2017
- Charges' Mike Williams suffers herniated disc June 6th, 2017
- Chargers' Keenan Allen plans on being ready for camp March 21st, 2017
- Geno Smith drawing interest from Chargers, Browns March 14th, 2017
- Ravens make things official with Danny Woodhead March 9th, 2017
- Chargers re-sign Jahleel Addae March 8th, 2017