Terrance West scores twice for Ravens in preseason opener
Baltimore Ravens running back Terrance West rushed nine times for 25 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' preseason opener against the Carolina Panthers.
Buck Allen started for Baltimore, as Justin Forsett was given the night off. West served as the backup and saw some action from the goal-line in the second and third quarters, scoring from one and two yards out. After receiving high praise throughout training camp, it was encouraging to see the 25-year-old back it up with a solid in-game showing. The Ravens are expected to utilize a committee in their backfield, but West appears to have a leg up on the competition for goal-line work at the moment. It remains to be seen how Baltimore will distribute early-down duties.
Our models remain modest on West this season, currently ranking him as the 99th running back entering the season. We currently project him to run for 116 yards and 0.63 touchdowns on just 29 carries, while adding 24 yards on 5 catches through the air.
- Treylon Burks (concussion) questionable in Week 13 for Titans December 1st, 2023
- Howe: New England's Bailey Zappe will start at quarterback in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Kareem Hunt (groin) good to go for Browns in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (illness) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Chargers' Quentin Johnston (ribs, finger) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (foot) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Ravens 'getting more comfortable' with Keaton Mitchell at running back November 27th, 2023
- Zay Flowers (hip) will play for Ravens in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder) active in Week 12 for Baltimore November 26th, 2023
- Baltimore's Odell Beckham (shoulder) expected to play versus Chargers in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Ravens' Zay Flowers (hip) expected to play in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder) questionable for Baltimore in Week 12 November 24th, 2023