Steelers plan to use Bud Dupree and Jarvis Jones in full-time roles
The Pittsburgh Steelers want to use less of a pass-rush rotation this season, outside linebackers coach Joey Porter said.
Electric pass-rusher Bud Dupree spent all of his rookie season rotating with Arthur Moats, and Jarvis Jones ended up on the field less than veteran James Harrison despite starting 15 games. Moats and Harrison are returning this year, but the Steelers want Dupree and Jones to play more snaps. "If (Jones and Dupree) are going to play like we think they can, I’m going to play the hot hand," Porter said.
This gives a huge uptick in value for Dupree and Jones in big-play IDP leagues. The Steelers' defense -- for all of their reported troubles -- still ranked 11th in the league in Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points last season.
- Saints add Shane Vereen to backfield July 18th, 2018
- Cardinals' Ricky Seals-Jones arrested for assault July 18th, 2018
- Rams ink Brandin Cooks to a 5-year contract extension July 17th, 2018
- Saints' Cameron Meredith (knee) hopes to be ready for training camp July 17th, 2018
- Earl Thomas would like to be traded if Seahawks don't offer contract extension July 17th, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski won't hold out for Patriots' training camp July 17th, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell expected to skip training camp, report for Week 1 July 17th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell to play under tag again, likely done with Steelers after 2018 July 16th, 2018
- Schefter: Le'Veon Bell may hold out first half of Steelers' season July 16th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell expected to skip Steelers' training camp July 7th, 2018
- Steelers and Le'Veon Bell making progress on contact negotiations June 26th, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell will not report to OTAs on Tuesday May 21st, 2018