Steelers plan to use Bud Dupree and Jarvis Jones in full-time roles
The Pittsburgh Steelers want to use less of a pass-rush rotation this season, outside linebackers coach Joey Porter said.
Electric pass-rusher Bud Dupree spent all of his rookie season rotating with Arthur Moats, and Jarvis Jones ended up on the field less than veteran James Harrison despite starting 15 games. Moats and Harrison are returning this year, but the Steelers want Dupree and Jones to play more snaps. "If (Jones and Dupree) are going to play like we think they can, I’m going to play the hot hand," Porter said.
This gives a huge uptick in value for Dupree and Jones in big-play IDP leagues. The Steelers' defense -- for all of their reported troubles -- still ranked 11th in the league in Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points last season.
- Baker Mayfield takes over as Browns quarterback with Tyrod Taylor (concussion) out September 20th, 2018
- Tyrod Taylor (head) exits, Baker Mayfield takes over for Browns on Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Davante Adams projected to finish as WR11 in Week 3 September 20th, 2018
- Raiders' Derek Carr projected as the QB26 for Week 3 September 20th, 2018
- Bengals' Andy Dalton not projected to be a top-20 quarterback in Week 3 September 20th, 2018
- Bills' Josh Allen projected to be a bottom-five Week 3 quarterback September 20th, 2018
- Antonio Brown expresses gratitude for Steelers, says trade tweet 'stupid' September 20th, 2018
- Joe Haden (hamstring) expected back for Steelers versus Buccaneers September 20th, 2018
- Antonio Brown disciplined for missing Steelers meeting September 20th, 2018
- Antonio Brown returns to the Steelers facility Wednesday September 19th, 2018
- Antonio Brown's absence from Steelers Monday due to 'personal matter' September 18th, 2018
- Steelers' Antonio Brown reportedly misses Monday's meetings and film review September 18th, 2018