Steelers plan to use Bud Dupree and Jarvis Jones in full-time roles
The Pittsburgh Steelers want to use less of a pass-rush rotation this season, outside linebackers coach Joey Porter said.
Electric pass-rusher Bud Dupree spent all of his rookie season rotating with Arthur Moats, and Jarvis Jones ended up on the field less than veteran James Harrison despite starting 15 games. Moats and Harrison are returning this year, but the Steelers want Dupree and Jones to play more snaps. "If (Jones and Dupree) are going to play like we think they can, I’m going to play the hot hand," Porter said.
This gives a huge uptick in value for Dupree and Jones in big-play IDP leagues. The Steelers' defense -- for all of their reported troubles -- still ranked 11th in the league in Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points last season.
- Demaryius Thomas signs one-year deal with New England April 16th, 2019
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks sign 4-year, $140 million extension April 16th, 2019
- Panthers sign receiver Chris Hogan to a one-year deal April 13th, 2019
- C.J. Anderson signs a one-year deal with Detroit April 1st, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) expected to be cleared for full participation in training camp March 31st, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- Steelers sign Donte Moncrief to 2-year contract March 14th, 2019
- Raiders acquire Antonio Brown from Pittsburgh for 3rd and 5th-rounders March 10th, 2019
- Report: Antonio Brown refuses to go to Buffalo in Steelers trade March 8th, 2019
- Steelers reportedly setting Friday deadline for Antonio Brown offers March 7th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will only be traded if Steelers benefit February 20th, 2019
- Steelers say Le'Veon Bell will not be tagged February 20th, 2019