Steelers plan to use Bud Dupree and Jarvis Jones in full-time roles
The Pittsburgh Steelers want to use less of a pass-rush rotation this season, outside linebackers coach Joey Porter said.
Electric pass-rusher Bud Dupree spent all of his rookie season rotating with Arthur Moats, and Jarvis Jones ended up on the field less than veteran James Harrison despite starting 15 games. Moats and Harrison are returning this year, but the Steelers want Dupree and Jones to play more snaps. "If (Jones and Dupree) are going to play like we think they can, I’m going to play the hot hand," Porter said.
This gives a huge uptick in value for Dupree and Jones in big-play IDP leagues. The Steelers' defense -- for all of their reported troubles -- still ranked 11th in the league in Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points last season.
- Seattle's Doug Baldwin (hip) considered day-to-day December 12th, 2018
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette ranked as Week 15's RB8 December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce projected for 10.5 targets in Week 15's matchup against the Chargers December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (foot) officially out for Week 15 December 12th, 2018
- Eric Berry (heel) expected to make season debut for Chiefs Thursday night December 12th, 2018
- Atlanta's Austin Hooper (leg) unable to practice on Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- James Conner (ankle) does not practice for Steelers Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- James Conner (ankle) could return for Steelers this week December 11th, 2018
- Ben Roethlisberger (ribs) expects to play for Steelers Sunday December 11th, 2018
- JuJu Smith-Schuster has 8 catches for 130 yards, 2 scores in Steelers' loss December 10th, 2018
- Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown held to 35 yards in Week 14 December 9th, 2018
- Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger leaves Week 14's game with a rib injury December 9th, 2018