Virgil Green could 'shatter' career-highs this season with Broncos
Denver Broncos tight end Virgil Green could "shatter" his career-highs in every receiving category, believes Broncos.com's Andrew Mason.
While it wouldn't take much to exceed his season-high 12 catches from last year, it appears Green is in the driver's seat for the Broncos' starting tight end gig. He's had opportunities to prove himself as a pass-catcher in the past, but has failed to capitalize on them, largely being utilized for his blocking talents instead. Jeff Heuerman is also a candidate to lead the team in targets at the tight end position.
Our models don't expect Green to "shatter" much of anything this upcoming season, currently projecting him to make 12 catches for 133 yards and 4.43 touchdowns. We actually have Heuerman pegged for slightly more production, forecasting him to haul in 19 grabs for 210 yards and 1.71 scores.
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) ruled out for Chargers' Wild Card matchup January 13th, 2023
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) questionable for Wild Card January 12th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) missing from Chargers practice again Wednesday January 11th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) receiving treatment, day-to-day for Chargers January 10th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) expected to practice for Chargers this week January 9th, 2023
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) undergoing further evaluation January 9th, 2023