Browns' Nick Chubb (knee) ruled out for rest of season
Cleveland Browns running back Nick Chubb suffered a season-ending knee injury in Monday night's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, head coach Kevin Stefanski confirmed.
Chubb is believed to have suffered multiple ligament tears to the same knee that was dislocated with multiple tears in 2015 while he played for Georgia. At this point, it's unclear if Chubb will be available for the start of next season. Jerome Ford is expected to take over as the Browns' feature back for the rest of the season. Pierre Strong is the only other back on the active roster, so the Browns will likely promote someone from the practice squad and/or sign a free agent.
Chubb rushed 10 times for 64 yards before he was carted off Monday night. Ford finished with 16 rushes for 106 yards and 3 receptions (4 targets) for 25 yards and a touchdown. Strong stole a one-yard touchdown after Ford got the Browns to the goal line with a 69-yard run, but he only had one other carry and failed to catch his lone target. Ford also out-snapped Strong 43-13 and he should see the bulk of the work again versus the Tennessee Titans in Week 3. The Titans’ run defense ranks fourth based on numberFire’s opponent-adjusted NEP model through two weeks.
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited Monday for Cowboys November 27th, 2023
- Ravens 'getting more comfortable' with Keaton Mitchell at running back November 27th, 2023
- Vikings rule out Justin Jefferson (hamstring) for Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Rashid Shaheed (quad) unlikely to play in Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Vikings' Ty Chandler to continue having 'enhanced role' in Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (forearm) trying to play Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Browns' Dorian Thompson-Robinson in concussion protocol following Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- X-rays negative for Browns' Amari Cooper (ribs) after Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Amari Cooper (ribs) won't return for Browns in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Update: Dorian Thompson-Robinson (concussion) won't return for Browns in Week 12; PJ Walker at quarterback November 26th, 2023
- Dorian Thompson-Robinson injured for Browns in Week 12; PJ Walker in November 26th, 2023
- Dorian Thompson-Robinson earns another start for Browns for Week 12 November 20th, 2023