Steelers' Diontae Johnson (hamstring) could reportedly miss 4 weeks
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Diontae Johnson is expected to miss up to four weeks with a hamstring injury, reports Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Johnson injured his hamstring in the regular-season opener against the San Francisco 49ers. The Steelers have a Week 5 bye, so if Johnson misses four weeks, his next chance to play will be Week 7 versus the Los Angeles Rams. George Pickens will take over as the clear top target for Kenny Pickett in the meantime, but Allen Robinson, Calvin Austin, and tight end Pat Freiermuth (chest) also stand to benefit. Pickens ran 48 routes while Robinson ran 46 in Week 1 and they each played 56 offensive snaps (88.9%). They both finished second in receptions (5) behind Austin (6), but Robinson out-targeted Pickens 8-6 and out-gained him 64-36.
The Steelers are facing a Cleveland Browns team in Week 2 that allowed just 7 catches for 49 yards on 20 targets to wide receivers in Week 1. They have the second-best adjusted pass defense in the NFL through one game, according to numberFire’s metrics. Pickens ($6,300) is the WR24 in our Week 2 rankings and we project him for 7.8 targets, 4.7 receptions, and 60.1 yards. Robinson ($5,500) is the WR48 and Austin ($4,900) is the WR76.
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited Monday for Cowboys November 27th, 2023
- Ravens 'getting more comfortable' with Keaton Mitchell at running back November 27th, 2023
- Browns' Dorian Thompson-Robinson in concussion protocol following Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- X-rays negative for Browns' Amari Cooper (ribs) after Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Vikings rule out Justin Jefferson (hamstring) for Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Rashid Shaheed (quad) unlikely to play in Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Steelers' Kenny Pickett expected to target George Pickens more often from Week 12 onward November 26th, 2023
- Pittsburgh's George Pickens (shin) available in Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- George Pickens (shin) upgraded to limited participant for Steelers' Thursday practice November 23rd, 2023
- Steelers' George Pickens (shin) DNP on Wednesday November 22nd, 2023
- Tomlin: Kenny Pickett will remain Pittsburgh's starting quarterback November 21st, 2023
- Pittsburgh's Pat Freiermuth (hamstring) active in Week 11 November 19th, 2023