Diontae Johnson (hamstring) likely out 'a few weeks' for Steelers
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Diontae Johnson is expected to be sidelined "a few weeks" with a hamstring injury he suffered in Week 1 against the San Francisco 49ers, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin confirmed that Johnson is "probably unavailable" for Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns on Monday night. The Steelers have an early bye in Week 6, but hopefully Johnson will be able to return before then. George Pickens will take over as the clear top target for Kenny Pickett in the meantime, but Allen Robinson and tight end Pat Freiermuth (chest) also stand to benefit.
Pickens ran 48 routes while Robinson ran 46 in Week 1 and they each played 56 offensive snaps (88.9%). They both finished second in receptions (5) behind Calvin Austin (6), but Robinson actually out-targeted Pickens 8-6 and out-gained him 64-36. The Browns allowed just 7 catches for 49 yards on 20 targets to wide receivers in Week 1 and they have the second-best ranked adjusted pass defense in the NFL, according to numberFire’s metrics.
- Travis Etienne (chest) day-to-day for Jaguars November 30th, 2023
- Bailey Zappe preparing to start Week 13 for Patriots November 30th, 2023
- Patriots' Demario Douglas (concussion) DNP on Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Treylon Burks (concussion) returns to Titans practice Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Quentin Johnston (ribs/finger) practicing in full Week 13 for Chargers November 29th, 2023
- Packers' A.J. Dillon (groin) DNP on Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) practicing for Steelers in full Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited at Steelers practice November 28th, 2023
- Steelers' Kenny Pickett expected to target George Pickens more often from Week 12 onward November 26th, 2023
- Pittsburgh's George Pickens (shin) available in Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- George Pickens (shin) upgraded to limited participant for Steelers' Thursday practice November 23rd, 2023
- Steelers' George Pickens (shin) DNP on Wednesday November 22nd, 2023