Lions anticipate giving Theo Riddick more carries
Detroit Lions running back Theo Riddick is expected to get more carries this year, according to Lions' offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter.
Riddick led all NFL running backs with 80 catches last season, but he only logged 43 carries. The 25-year-old has struggled running the ball throughout his career, tallying just 209 yards on 72 rushing attempts (2.9 yards per carry).
Riddick may occupy a slightly larger role in the running game following Joique Bell's release, but he'll mostly be used on passing downs with Ameer Abdullah working as the bellcow. On a team that may be behind quite a bit, Riddick should again see plenty of volume in the passing game.
- DeMarco Murray announces retirement Friday July 13th, 2018
- Corey Davis shined during Titans spring work July 13th, 2018
- Chris Ivory to be Bills' next man up if LeSean McCoy is out July 12th, 2018
- Titans plan for Derrick Henry as primary rushing back July 12th, 2018
- Cody Latimer is secure in Giants' third receiver role July 12th, 2018
- Panthers' Cam Newton could be on hot seat July 12th, 2018
- Lions see rookie Kerryon Johnson as a three-down back June 1st, 2018
- Dolphins acquire Akeem Spence in trade with Lions May 3rd, 2018
- Detroit Lions trade up to 43 to take Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson April 27th, 2018
- Lions sign Luke Willson to 1-year, $2.5 million contract March 21st, 2018
- Frank Gore, Lions reportedly close to deal March 14th, 2018
- Eric Ebron released by Lions March 14th, 2018