Lions anticipate giving Theo Riddick more carries
Detroit Lions running back Theo Riddick is expected to get more carries this year, according to Lions' offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter.
Riddick led all NFL running backs with 80 catches last season, but he only logged 43 carries. The 25-year-old has struggled running the ball throughout his career, tallying just 209 yards on 72 rushing attempts (2.9 yards per carry).
Riddick may occupy a slightly larger role in the running game following Joique Bell's release, but he'll mostly be used on passing downs with Ameer Abdullah working as the bellcow. On a team that may be behind quite a bit, Riddick should again see plenty of volume in the passing game.
- Houston's DeAndre Hopkins scores two touchdowns in Week 15's victory over the Jets December 15th, 2018
- Robby Anderson produces 96 yards in Jets' Week 15's defeat to Houston December 15th, 2018
- Denver's Phillip Lindsay projected for 94.8 scrimmage yards in Week 15 December 15th, 2018
- Trenton Cannon (toe) active for Jets in Week 15 December 15th, 2018
- James Conner (ankle) not expected to play for Steelers in Week 15 December 15th, 2018
- Eagles expected to shut down Carson Wentz (back) for the season December 15th, 2018
- Lions list Matt Stafford (back) as questionable for Sunday December 15th, 2018
- Kerryon Johnson (knee) still out for Lions to start practice week December 12th, 2018
- Lions place Ezekiel Ansah on injured reserve with shoulder injury December 11th, 2018
- Kerryon Johnson (knee) ruled out for Lions Week 14 December 7th, 2018
- Bruce Ellington (back) questionable for Lions Week 14 December 7th, 2018
- Kerryon Johnson (knee) still sidelined for Lions December 5th, 2018