Lions anticipate giving Theo Riddick more carries
Detroit Lions running back Theo Riddick is expected to get more carries this year, according to Lions' offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter.
Riddick led all NFL running backs with 80 catches last season, but he only logged 43 carries. The 25-year-old has struggled running the ball throughout his career, tallying just 209 yards on 72 rushing attempts (2.9 yards per carry).
Riddick may occupy a slightly larger role in the running game following Joique Bell's release, but he'll mostly be used on passing downs with Ameer Abdullah working as the bellcow. On a team that may be behind quite a bit, Riddick should again see plenty of volume in the passing game.
- Jimmy Graham facing potential fines for ignoring Green Bay media September 20th, 2018
- A.J. Green a top-10 Week 3 wideout for Bengals versus Panthers September 20th, 2018
- Falcons' Tevin Coleman expected to see 20 touches again Week 3 September 20th, 2018
- Dalvin Cook (hamstring) still not practicing for Vikings September 20th, 2018
- Josh Gordon (hamstring) limited again Thursday for Patriots September 20th, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski limited at Patriots practice Thursday with ankle injury September 20th, 2018
- Golden Tate optimistic about Lions' future September 20th, 2018
- Lions' Darius Slay (concussion) still out Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Lions' Matthew Stafford bounces back with 3 touchdowns in Week 2 September 16th, 2018
- Lions' Ezekiel Ansah (shoulder) will not start on Sunday September 16th, 2018
- LeGarrette Blount (knee, shoulder) a full participant in Lions' practice September 12th, 2018
- Lions' Matt Prater misses 2 field goals in Monday night loss September 11th, 2018