Lions anticipate giving Theo Riddick more carries
Detroit Lions running back Theo Riddick is expected to get more carries this year, according to Lions' offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter.
Riddick led all NFL running backs with 80 catches last season, but he only logged 43 carries. The 25-year-old has struggled running the ball throughout his career, tallying just 209 yards on 72 rushing attempts (2.9 yards per carry).
Riddick may occupy a slightly larger role in the running game following Joique Bell's release, but he'll mostly be used on passing downs with Ameer Abdullah working as the bellcow. On a team that may be behind quite a bit, Riddick should again see plenty of volume in the passing game.
- Chiefs acquire Frank Clark from Seattle for picks April 23rd, 2019
- Demaryius Thomas signs one-year deal with New England April 16th, 2019
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks sign 4-year, $140 million extension April 16th, 2019
- Panthers sign receiver Chris Hogan to a one-year deal April 13th, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) expected to be cleared for full participation in training camp March 31st, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- C.J. Anderson signs a one-year deal with Detroit April 1st, 2019
- Rashaan Melvin signs one-year deal with Lions March 23rd, 2019
- Lions re-sign Zach Zenner for a season March 12th, 2019
- Lions reportedly add Jesse James March 11th, 2019
- Lions reportedly agree to five-year deal with Trey Flowers March 11th, 2019
- Justin Coleman, Lions reportedly agree to terms March 11th, 2019