Allen Robinson (foot) 'earmarked' for Steelers' slot receiver role
The Pittsburgh Steelers have "earmarked" wide receiver Allen Robinson for their slot receiver role in the 2023 season according to Mark Kaboly of The Athletic.
Robinson has not yet been cleared to participate in OTAs after undergoing foot surgery in the offseason, but according to Kaboly it seems as though the Steelers already have designs on the veteran functioning as their slot receiver in 2023. 2022 was not a strong showing for Robinson, but a transition to the slot (a position filled by Cooper Kupp during Robinson's time with the Rams) could be just what he needs.
Robinson's production as a receiver over the past two seasons have left a lot to be desired. He produced more catches (102), yards (1,250), and touchdowns (6) in his 2020 season in Chicago than he has done in the 22 games he's played over the last two years combined. Hopefully a season playing in the slot alongside talented players like Diontae Johnson, George Pickens, and Pat Freiermuth will help him resuscitate his career.
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June May 25th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) sidelined for Colts OTAs, planning for training camp return May 25th, 2023
- Allen Robinson (foot) 'earmarked' for Steelers' slot receiver role May 25th, 2023
- Steelers' Kenny Pickett 'doing everything right off the field' heading into year two May 25th, 2023
- Steelers acquire Allen Robinson from Rams in pick swap April 19th, 2023
- Steelers' Pat Freiermuth (knee) will not return in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Diontae Johnson (toe) active for Steelers' Week 16 matchup against Raiders December 24th, 2022
- Diontae Johnson (toe) questionable for Steelers Week 16 December 22nd, 2022