Panthers' D.J. Chark underwent recent ankle surgery
Carolina Panthers wide receiver D.J. Chark recently underwent ankle surgery, per head coach Frank Reich.
Chark, who signed a one-year deal with the Panthers last week, might not be ready for the start of OTAs. He will be looking to bounce back after being limited to 11 games with the Detroit Lions last season due to an ankle injury. The 26-year-old has mostly been a deep threat through five seasons in the league, but Reich said the Panthers want Chark to do more in their offense. “We want to develop him into a complete receiver, widen his rout tree. It’s not just going to be all the vertical stuff down the field." Chark figures to start with Terrace Marshall and Adam Thielen in three-wide sets for Carolina.
Chark caught 30 passes for 502 yards and 3 touchdowns on 52 targets for the Lions last season. His average depth of target was 15.2 yards, second-highest among all wideouts with at least 50 targets. He also had a 1.54 average in air yards per snap and yards per route run.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Alabama quarterback Bryce Young goes first overall to Carolina April 27th, 2023
- Panthers' D.J. Chark underwent recent ankle surgery March 28th, 2023
- Panthers reportedly add wide receiver D.J. Chark on Friday March 24th, 2023
- Miles Sanders signing 4-year deal with Panthers March 16th, 2023
- Panthers reportedly sign quarterback Andy Dalton to 2-year deal on Tuesday March 14th, 2023
- Sam Darnold signs one-year contract with San Francisco March 13th, 2023