Jakobi Meyers joining Raiders
The Las Vegas Raiders are signing wide receiver Jakobi Meyers to a three-year, $33 million contract.
The deal includes $21 million guaranteed as Raiders head coach Josh McDaniels adds another former New England Patriots player. Meyers played in McDaniels' offense the first three years of his career, so that familiarity could help him secure the No. 2 receiver job behind Davante Adams. Hunter Renfrow loses value with this signing and Mac Jones also takes a hit due to Meyers' departure.
Despite missing three games last season, Meyers led the Patriots in targets (96), receiving yards (804), and touchdown catches (6) last season. He also registered team-highs with a 22.5% target share and 27.9% air yards share. The Patriots will need to add pass-catchers in free agency and the draft, to replace Meyers' production.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Raiders' Jimmy Garoppolo recovering from foot surgery May 25th, 2023
- Austin Hooper, Raiders agree to deal March 24th, 2023
- Raiders sign tight end O.J. Howard in free agency March 20th, 2023
- Giants reportedly acquire tight end Darren Waller in trade with Raiders March 14th, 2023
- Jakobi Meyers joining Raiders March 14th, 2023