Jameis Winston re-signs with Saints on one-year deal
The New Orleans Saints have re-signed quarterback Jameis Winston to a one-year contract, Ian Rapoport reports.
Winston found mild success as a starter for the Saints over the past two seasons, but injuries limited him to just 10 starts over those two years. He'll return to the team for the 2023 season, but will be expected to serve as the primary backup to Derek Carr.
Winston appeared to curb his turnover-producing tendencies in 2021 when he threw 14 touchdowns to just 3 interceptions across 7 games, but he unfortunately averaged almost 2 interceptions per game in his 3 2022 starts. Still, he will be a fantasy relevant option in the event that Carr misses any time, and has demonstrated an ability to produce solid passing volume for his wide receivers.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Saints' Michael Thomas (toe) still recovering March 28th, 2023
- Jamaal Williams becoming member of Saints March 16th, 2023
- Saints bringing Michael Thomas back March 14th, 2023
- Jameis Winston re-signs with Saints on one-year deal March 13th, 2023
- Derek Carr signing 4-year deal with Saints March 6th, 2023
- Saints re-sign wide receiver Keith Kirkwood to 1-year deal February 17th, 2023