Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Mecole Hardman (pelvis) is unlikely to play in the Super Bowl versus the Philadelphia Eagles, per head coach Andy Reid.
"I think it will be tough for him," Reid said. "I doubt he will make the Super Bowl." Hardman played for the first time since Week 9 in the AFC Championship Game versus the Cincinnati Bengals, but he only logged 15 offensive snaps before aggravating his pelvis injury and leaving. JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) and Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) did not practice again on Thursday, so Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Justin Watson, and Skyy Moore could be in line for larger roles in the Super Bowl. Jerick McKinnon and Isiah Pacheco also stand to benefit from Hardman's absence.
The Eagles allowed the seventh-fewest FanDuel points per game to wide receivers this season and their pass defense was No. 1 in numberFire's adjusted team rankings. McKinnon averaged 5.1 targets per game without Hardman this season and 3.1 targets when they were both active.
- Austin Hooper, Raiders agree to deal March 24th, 2023
- Jamison Crowder joining Giants March 24th, 2023
- Panthers reportedly add wide receiver D.J. Chark on Friday March 24th, 2023
- Nelson Agholor signing with Ravens for a season March 24th, 2023
- Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns March 22nd, 2023
- Jets hire Mecole Hardman for 2023 March 22nd, 2023
- Patriots sign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 3-year deal March 15th, 2023
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) not listed on Kansas City's Wednesday injury report for Super Bowl LVII February 8th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl injury report February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) fully participates in Wednesday's practice February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023