San Francisco's Christian McCaffrey dealing with calf issue
San Francisco 49ers running back Christian McCaffrey is reportedly dealing with calf discomfort following Sunday's Divisional Championship win over the Dallas Cowboys.
McCaffrey was reportedly dealing with the issue throughout the game, and was noticeably absent at a few critical points of the game and the 49ers bested the Cowboys. The star back assured the media that he would be available for next week's game against the Philadelphia Eagles, and the 49ers will likely manage his reps in practice this week.
The Cowboys' explosive defense managed to mostly bottle up McCaffrey on Sunday, with the back carrying the ball 10 times for 35 yards and a score, and catching 6 passes for just 22 yards. He'll face a slightly easier run defense matchup in the Eagles next week, and should continue to see a strong workload for as long as he is healthy.
- Austin Hooper, Raiders agree to deal March 24th, 2023
- Jamison Crowder joining Giants March 24th, 2023
- Panthers reportedly add wide receiver D.J. Chark on Friday March 24th, 2023
- Nelson Agholor signing with Ravens for a season March 24th, 2023
- Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns March 22nd, 2023
- Jets hire Mecole Hardman for 2023 March 22nd, 2023
- San Francisco's Brock Purdy (elbow) undergoes surgery on Friday, expected to throw in 3 months March 10th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- 49ers' Josh Johnson being evaluated for concussion in NFC Championship Game, Brock Purdy (elbow) back in January 29th, 2023
- Brock Purdy (elbow) questionable to return for 49ers in Championship Game; Josh Johnson in at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (ankle) out for NFC Championship on Sunday January 29th, 2023