Redskins plan to add another running back?
CSN Mid-Atlantic's Rich Tandler wrote "it really feels like" the Redskins plan to add another running back.
With Matt Jones, a rookie with serious injury question marks and not much else at running back, it would make sense for the Redskins to dip into the market. Pierre Thomas spent time with Washington last season, but he is more of a passing-down option. Arian Foster would make the most sense, but he might not be the same player following an Achilles' tear from which he is still not fully recovered. Jones looks like the clear workhorse right now, but that could change if Washington brings in a veteran.
The Redskins ranked 28th in rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) last season while Jones ranked last in Rushing NEP per carry among backs with at least 100 carries.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- Eagles fire head coach Doug Pederson January 11th, 2021
- Eagles' Jalen Reagor (head) will not return in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Alshon Jeffery among Eagles' inactives for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Eagles' Carson Wentz a healthy scratch in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (knee) ruled out for Week 17's game against Washington January 1st, 2021