Pelissero: Melvin Gordon expected to sign with Chiefs
Tom Pelissero of the NFL reported Monday that free agent running back Melvin Gordon is expected to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Gordon was released from the Broncos before Week 12 after committing his fifth fumble of the season in Week 11 (the most among running backs in the league). It now appears that the Chiefs, who recently lost Clyde Edwards-Helaire to the injured reserve, are willing to take a chance on the veteran back. He is expected to sign to the team's practice squad this week.
Gordon was not having a strong season in Denver prior to his release, but hopefully a fresh start in a functional offense can help revitalize him. He has 90 rushes for 318 yards and 2 touchdowns, and has caught 25 passes for 223 yards so far this season.
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will play in AFC Championship Game for Kansas City January 29th, 2023
- Travis Kelce (back) active for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) questionable to return for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) won't play for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023