Commanders expect Taylor Heinicke to start 'moving forward'
Ian Rapoport reports that the Washington Commanders expect to start Taylor Heinicke at quarterback for the remainder of the season, moving Carson Wentz (finger) to the bench.
Heinicke has helped lead the Commanders to a nice 3-1 record as the team's starter since Wentz's finger injury, and has played just as well as (if not better than) Wentz so far this season. Furthermore, the trade that sent Wentz to Washington incentivizes the team to leave him on the sidelines in this situation, as one of the picks they gave Indianapolis in return would escalate up by a round once Wentz plays a certain number of snaps. We may not see Wentz again this season, barring an injury to Heinicke.
Heinicke draws another soft matchup this week with the Houston Texans, and is projected to score 15.3 fantasy points as the starting quarterback. He has a $6,800 salary on FanDuel.
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- Washington's Brian Robinson (knee) ruled out in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Brian Robinson (knee) remains out at Washington practice January 5th, 2023
- Commanders place Antonio Gibson (knee, foot) on injured reserve January 5th, 2023
- Commanders' Brian Robinson (knee) DNP on Wednesday January 4th, 2023
- Taylor Heinicke on backup duty again Week 18 for Washington January 4th, 2023
- Sam Howell named Commanders' Week 18 starter January 4th, 2023