P.J. Walker sidelined for Panthers Week 11 with high-ankle sprain
Carolina Panthers quarterback P.J. Walker will not play Week 11 versus the Baltimore Ravens due to a high-ankle sprain, per head coach Steve Wilks.
Baker Mayfield will start in place of Walker and Sam Darnold will be the backup. Wilks said Walker doesn't have a timeline to return, but that the Panthers aren't planning on placing him on injured reserve either. Walker helped the team pick up a victory over the Atlanta Falcons last Thursday with 10-of-16 completions for 108 scoreless and turnover-free yards. Considering how poorly Mayfield played to start the season, his return is probably a downgrade for D.J. Moore and Terrace Marshall. The Panthers will likely try to lean on the running game more with D'Onta Foreman and Chuba Hubbard, at least as much as the game script allows.
Among the 38 quarterbacks with at least 90 drop backs this season, Walker is second-worst (negative-0.12) and Mayfield is seventh-worst (negative-0.07) in Passing Net Expected Points per attempt. However, Moore averaged 7.6 FanDuel points per game with Mayfield as a starter, compared to 10.2 with Walker.
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Panthers' D'Onta Foreman ejected in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Panthers' D'Onta Foreman (knee) active for Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Panthers list D'Onta Foreman (knee) as questionable in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Sam Darnold set to start again for Panthers in Week 16 December 19th, 2022
- D.J. Moore (ankle) officially active for Panthers in Week 15 December 18th, 2022
- D.J. Moore (ankle) expected to play for Panthers in Week 15 December 18th, 2022