Patriots' DeVante Parker (knee) could be back after bye
New England Patriots wide receiver DeVante Parker suffered a knee sprain in Sunday's Week 8 win over the New York Jets.
Parker injured his knee on his first and only play of the game. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Parker avoided major damage and will likely only miss one game, if any at all. The Patriots face the Indianapolis Colts in Week 9 and then have a bye in Week 10, so they may decide to hold Parker out until they return. Tyquan Thornton and Kendrick Bourne will have more playing time again if Parker sits and there will be additional targets for Jakobi Meyers.
Thornton played 78% of the offensive snaps on Sunday and Bourne logged a 69% snap share, but they combined for just one catch on three targets. Meyers led the Patriots with 12 targets (37.5% share) and Damien Harris was second with 8 targets (25.0%).
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) available for Patriots in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- New England's Jonnu Smith (concussion) ruled out in Week 18 January 7th, 2023
- Jonnu Smith (concussion) questionable for New England in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Patriots' Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) questionable for Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- DeVante Parker (concussion) not listed on New England's Week 18 injury report January 6th, 2023
- Jonnu Smith (concussion) back at Patriots practice Thursday January 5th, 2023