Minnesota's Kirk Cousins (COVID-19) out for Sunday's preseason opener
Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins is ruled out for Sunday's preseason game against the Las Vegas Raiders after he tested positive for COVID-19.
According to head coach Kevin O'Connell, Sean Mannion and Kellen Mond will both see 50/50 reps at the quarterback position while Cousins is out. In a potential pass inclined offense under their new coaching staff, Cousins could finally see an increase in drop-backs compared to his days under Mike Zimmer. Per Fantasy Football Calculator in 12-team point per reception leagues, the 33-year old's average draft position currently stands in the tenth round.
Cousins' 2022 yearly projection includes 398.5 completions for 31.3 touchdowns and 4,364.7 yards and 22.0 rushing attempts for 88.5 yards. According to numberFire's yearly rankings, Cousins currently stands as our QB15 with a 286.3 season-long fantasy point expectation.
- KJ Hamler (knee, hip, groin) active for Broncos in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Jerry Jeudy (rib, shoulder) active in Week 3 for Denver September 25th, 2022
- Patriots' Mac Jones (ankle) to undergo MRI on Monday September 25th, 2022
- A.J. Green (knee) won't return for Cardinals in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Travis Homer (rib) won't return for Seahawks in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry (ankle) downgraded to questionable to return for Saints in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- O'Connell: Dalvin Cook (shoulder) day-to-day for Vikings September 25th, 2022
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) will not return in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. (thumb) feels "great," is 100 percent healthy September 10th, 2022
- Vikings leave Irv Smith (thumb) off Wednesday's Week 1 injury report September 7th, 2022
- Minnesota's Irv Smith (thumb) expected to play in Week 1 September 3rd, 2022
- Vikings acquire Jalen Reagor from Eagles for pair of picks August 31st, 2022