Seahawks "comfortable" with Kenneth Walker III in three-down role
Seattle Seahawks running back Kenneth Walker III has been impressing in training camp and the team is reportedly "comfortable" with him in a three-down role, according to Pete Carroll.
Walker has "turned the page" in pass protection, according to Carroll, who added that the rookie could "play all three downs and we'd feel comfortable with it." This report comes on the same day Rashaad Penny was reported to be dealing with a tightness in his groin, which could force him to miss some practice time. Seattle's confidence in Walker could lead to an increased role should Penny miss any time.
Walker is the RB38 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models expect him to handle 168.7 carries for 712.1 yards, with 19.7 receptions on 27.0 targets for 137.5 receiving yards and 0.70 receiving touchdowns.
- Falcons place Cordarrelle Patterson (knee) on IR October 3rd, 2022
- Teddy Bridgewater to start at quarterback for Dolphins in Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Giants optimistic Daniel Jones (ankle) plays Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) out for Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Julio Jones 'nicked up' for Buccaneers in return October 3rd, 2022
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) could play for Colts Thursday night October 3rd, 2022
- Travis Homer (rib) won't return for Seahawks in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Seahawks' Geno Smith to see more opportunities moving forward September 20th, 2022
- Ken Walker (hernia) not listed on final Week 2 injury report for Seahawks September 16th, 2022
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (hernia) participates in Wednesday's practice September 14th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Ken Walker (hernia) will return in Week 2 September 13th, 2022
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker III (hernia) out for Week 1 September 12th, 2022