Carroll: Seattle's Rashaad Penny 'feeling a little bit of groin tightness'
Seattle Seahawks running back Rashaad Penny (groin) is not expected to play in Saturday's preseason opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
After a DNP in Thursday's walk-through, Penny is unlikely to suit up for the Seattle's first preseason game with groin tightness. In a potential run-first approach behind Pro Football Focus' worst rated offensive line, Penny is expected to share Seattle's backfield with rookie Kenneth Walker. Per Fantasy Football Calculator, the 26-year old's average draft position in 12-team point per reception leagues currently stands in the sixth round.
Penny's 2022 yearly projection includes 204.2 rushing attempts for 949.9 yards and 6.8 touchdowns and 17.7 receptions for 127.0 yards and 0.6 receiving touchdowns.
- Rapoport: Dalton Schultz (knee) expects to play in Cowboys' Week 4 matchup versus Washington October 1st, 2022
- Sants promote Latavius Murray to active roster on Saturday October 1st, 2022
- Fowler: Kansas City's Marquez Valdes-Scantling (abdomen) plans to play in Week 4 October 1st, 2022
- Fowler: Arizona's Rondale Moore (hamstring) expects to play in Week 4 October 1st, 2022
- Cole Beasley elevated to Tampa Bay's active roster on Saturday October 1st, 2022
- Jameis Winston (back) ruled out for Saints in Week 4 October 1st, 2022
- Travis Homer (rib) won't return for Seahawks in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Seahawks' Geno Smith to see more opportunities moving forward September 20th, 2022
- Ken Walker (hernia) not listed on final Week 2 injury report for Seahawks September 16th, 2022
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (hernia) participates in Wednesday's practice September 14th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Ken Walker (hernia) will return in Week 2 September 13th, 2022
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker III (hernia) out for Week 1 September 12th, 2022