Carson Wentz struggling with accuracy at Commanders camp
Washington Commanders quarterback Carson Wentz has struggled with his accuracy at training camp, according to Ben Standig of The Athletic.
"Quarterbacks throwing to receivers against air (with no defense) is the football equivalent of a layup line," Standig said. "Yet, Wentz routinely has bricked passes in various directions. Overthrowing or firing too far out front has been the most common issue." Wentz had the sixth-worst completion rate over expected in the league last season, so misfires are nothing new for the former No. 2 overall pick, but there is still hope that he will be an upgrade under center for Terry McLaurin and the entire Commanders offense.
Wentz is currently the QB22 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 3,808.6 passing yards with 24.23 touchdowns and 11.1 interceptions, plus 272.0 rushing yards and 2.46 scores.
- KJ Hamler (knee, hip, groin) active for Broncos in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Jerry Jeudy (rib, shoulder) active in Week 3 for Denver September 25th, 2022
- Patriots' Mac Jones (ankle) to undergo MRI on Monday September 25th, 2022
- A.J. Green (knee) won't return for Cardinals in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- O'Connell: Dalvin Cook (shoulder) day-to-day for Vikings September 25th, 2022
- Travis Homer (rib) won't return for Seahawks in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Commanders' Jahan Dotson scores again in Week 2 loss to Lions September 20th, 2022
- Keim: Washington's Logan Thomas (knee) reportedly expected to play in Week 1 September 10th, 2022
- Logan Thomas (knee) questionable for Washington's Week 1 game versus Jaguars September 9th, 2022
- Logan Thomas (knee) limited in Washington's Wednesday practice September 7th, 2022
- Brian Robinson placed on Commanders' reserve/non-football injury list September 1st, 2022
- Commanders' Brian Robinson released from hospital August 30th, 2022