Kyle Van Noy likely to start for Lions in 2016
Detroit Lions linebacker Kyle Van Noy is likely to win the strong-side linebacker job, ESPN reporter Michael Rothstein predicts.
Rothstein made it clear he is handicapping the race as the roster stands today, and things could certainly change in the draft. A second-round pick in 2014, Van Noy has been a massive disappointment to this point in his career. This will likely be a make-or-break offseason for him.
The Lions' defense had a huge production downturn in 2015, ranking 26th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play, as well as 25th in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play, and 22nd in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Browns intend to ride 'hot hand' at running back June 22nd, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant reportedly hasn't been informed of suspension June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- DeShone Kizer and Brett Hundley struggling during Packers' minicamp June 21st, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson receives legal slap on wrist June 21st, 2018
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston could be facing suspension June 21st, 2018
- Free agent Eric Decker eyeing up Patriots June 21st, 2018
- Rex Burkhead, James White seeing bulk of Patriots' first-team work June 13th, 2018
- Report: Patriots were shopping Rob Gronkowski prior to NFL Draft June 13th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski "likely" to get a new contract June 11th, 2018
- Patriots' Julian Edelman reportedly facing four-game suspension for PEDs June 7th, 2018
- Tom Brady reportedly sitting out of Patriots' OTAs May 21st, 2018