Kyle Van Noy likely to start for Lions in 2016
Detroit Lions linebacker Kyle Van Noy is likely to win the strong-side linebacker job, ESPN reporter Michael Rothstein predicts.
Rothstein made it clear he is handicapping the race as the roster stands today, and things could certainly change in the draft. A second-round pick in 2014, Van Noy has been a massive disappointment to this point in his career. This will likely be a make-or-break offseason for him.
The Lions' defense had a huge production downturn in 2015, ranking 26th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play, as well as 25th in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play, and 22nd in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Kyle Rudolph: Vikings 'going to learn' from shocking Week 3 loss September 25th, 2018
- Rams' Brandin Cooks projected for top-12 fantasy finish in Week 4 September 25th, 2018
- Texans send Bruce Ellington (hamstring) to injured reserve September 25th, 2018
- Everson Griffen (personal) ruled out for Vikings Week 4 September 25th, 2018
- Austin Davis signed by Titans September 25th, 2018
- Dalvin Cook (hamstring) might play on Thursday for Minnesota September 25th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski disappoints in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Pats' Tom Brady stifled by Lions in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Josh Gordon inactive for Patriots in Week 3 September 23rd, 2018
- Josh Gordon (hamstring) could potentially miss New England's Sunday night game September 23rd, 2018
- Pats' Josh Gordon (hamstring) draws questionable tag for Sunday night September 21st, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski's ankle 'nothing to worry about' September 21st, 2018