Kyle Van Noy likely to start for Lions in 2016
Detroit Lions linebacker Kyle Van Noy is likely to win the strong-side linebacker job, ESPN reporter Michael Rothstein predicts.
Rothstein made it clear he is handicapping the race as the roster stands today, and things could certainly change in the draft. A second-round pick in 2014, Van Noy has been a massive disappointment to this point in his career. This will likely be a make-or-break offseason for him.
The Lions' defense had a huge production downturn in 2015, ranking 26th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play, as well as 25th in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play, and 22nd in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) medically cleared to return for Green Bay December 12th, 2017
- Eric Ebron facing a tough matchup in Week 15 as Lions host the Bears December 12th, 2017
- Jets place Josh McCown (hand) on IR December 12th, 2017
- Bears' Dontrelle Inman poised for a bounce-back performance in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Adam Shaheen (chest) limited in Bears' practice on Tuesday December 12th, 2017
- Chicago's Kendall Wright (shoulder) limited in practice on Tuesday December 12th, 2017
- Patriots' Malcolm Mitchell (knee) unlikely to play this season December 12th, 2017
- Kenny Britt, Patriots finalizing deal December 12th, 2017
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski is the top projected tight end in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Danny Amendola leads Patriots with 6 catches, 76 yards in loss December 12th, 2017
- Chris Hogan finishes with 1 catch for Patriots in return December 12th, 2017
- Tom Brady posts his worst game of the season in Pats' loss to Dolphins December 12th, 2017