Kyle Van Noy likely to start for Lions in 2016
Detroit Lions linebacker Kyle Van Noy is likely to win the strong-side linebacker job, ESPN reporter Michael Rothstein predicts.
Rothstein made it clear he is handicapping the race as the roster stands today, and things could certainly change in the draft. A second-round pick in 2014, Van Noy has been a massive disappointment to this point in his career. This will likely be a make-or-break offseason for him.
The Lions' defense had a huge production downturn in 2015, ranking 26th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play, as well as 25th in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play, and 22nd in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano February 22nd, 2018
- Seahawks unlikely to tag Sheldon Richardson February 22nd, 2018
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski started thinking about retirement prior to playoffs February 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett a candidate for release February 10th, 2018
- 'Early vibe' is that Dion Lewis won't return to Patriots February 10th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski's retirement talk believed to be 'real' February 8th, 2018
- Josh McDaniels won't accept Colts' head coaching job, will remain with Patriots February 6th, 2018