Baker Mayfield doesn't appear at Browns' voluntary workouts
Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield did not appear at the start of the team's voluntary workouts Tuesday afternoon.
When the Browns decided to go out and acquire Deshaun Watson, it was clear Mayfield's status would be in flux. There have been reports over the last few days that the Carolina Panthers - currently with Sam Darnold and P.J. Walker on the depth chart - could be candidates to acquire the former No. 1 overall pick. But for now, it seems as though Mayfield will not be reporting to the Browns anytime soon. Jacoby Brissett would currently be in line to start if Watson gets suspended from the league.
In 14 games last season, Mayfield completed 253-of-418 (60.5 percent) of his passes for 3,010 yards with 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson suspension could be entire 2022 season June 24th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Rapoport: Baker Mayfield likely sticking with Browns through draft April 25th, 2022
- Baker Mayfield doesn't appear at Browns' voluntary workouts April 19th, 2022
- Texans' Deshaun Watson expected to be traded to Cleveland March 18th, 2022