Vikings' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) expected to miss at least two games
The Minnesota Vikings expect running back Dalvin Cook (torn labrum, dislocated shoulder) to miss the next two games, but hope to have him back for their December 20th game against the Chicago Bears, Adam Schefter reports.
Cook appeared to be in severe pain when he exited Sunday's Week 12 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, but after testing revealed a dislocated shoulder and a torn labrum, the team still has optimism about Cook's return this season. If the team truly believes the timeline Schefter has reported, Cook should avoid the injured reserve.
With Cook sidelined, expect Alexander Mattison to step up into the every-down role for the Vikings. Mattison is averaging 3.6 yards per rush attempt so far this season.
- Brandon Aiyuk 'the best player on the field' in 49ers OTAs June 8th, 2023
- Panthers' Bryce Young taking first-team reps in OTAs June 8th, 2023
- Rams' Cooper Kupp (ankle) 'feeling really good' June 8th, 2023
- Payton: Broncos "have a vision" for Greg Dulcich's role June 5th, 2023
- Laquon Treadwell signs 1-year deal with Ravens June 5th, 2023
- Giants' Parris Campbell showing 'early chemistry' with Daniel Jones June 5th, 2023
- Vikings inform Dalvin Cook of upcoming release June 8th, 2023
- Vikings' Jalen Nailor 'continued to show up' in OTAs June 5th, 2023
- Vikings make Jordan Addison the 23rd pick of the 2023 NFL Draft April 27th, 2023
- Adam Thielen to sign three-year deal with Carolina March 19th, 2023
- Vikings release wide receiver Adam Thielen on Friday March 10th, 2023
- Vikings plan to activate Irv Smith (ankle) off injured reserve January 6th, 2023