Rapoport: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (knee) may see fewer touches moving forward due to bone bruise
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott (knee) could see his workload altered due to lingering injury issues, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Elliott may see his touch count reduced as the Cowboys look to alter his workload as he continues to recover from a bone bruise in his knee. He has been dealing with a knee injury for a couple of weeks now and has seen his total touch count fall from 23, 24, and 20 in weeks five through eight, to 13, 16, 15, and 15 in weeks nine through twelve. Tony Pollard's role has increased slightly during that span, culminating in Thursday's game where he handled 14 touches to Elliot's 15. The Cowboys face the New Orleans Saints in Week 15.
Elliott produced 25 rushing yards and 1 rushing touchdown on 9 carries in Week 12's loss to the Las Vegas Raiders, adding 6 receptions on 8 targets for 24 receiving yards. Pollard produced 36 rushing yards on 10 carries with 4 receptions on 4 targets for 32 receiving yards.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Arizona's Chase Edmonds (ribs/toe) available for Monday's Wild Card contest January 15th, 2022
- James Conner (heel/rib) listed as questionable on Cardinals' Wild Card injury report January 15th, 2022
- Tampa Bay's Leonard Fournette (hamstring) reportedly out for Sunday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Tony Pollard (foot) a full participant for Cowboys on Wednesday January 12th, 2022
- Tony Pollard (foot) to be ready for Cowboys' Wild Card game January 10th, 2022
- Tony Pollard (foot) out for Dallas in Week 18 January 7th, 2022
- Tony Pollard (foot) questionable for Cowboys on Saturday January 6th, 2022
- Cowboys' Michael Gallup suffered clean ACL tear, will make full recovery January 3rd, 2022
- Jones: Cowboys believe Michael Gallup tore ACL in loss to Cardinals Week 17 January 2nd, 2022