Cowboys "hopeful" Michael Gallup (calf) returns for Week 8 practices
Dallas Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy said the team is "hopeful" that wide receiver Michael Gallup (calf) will practice in a limited fashion after the team's Week 7 bye.
Gallup hasn't played since Week 1, but his return will surely be welcomed by the Cowboys after their bye. McCarthy's tone implied that Gallup wouldn't necessarily play in Week 8, but his return is approaching. The Cowboys' offense has heavily incorporated their tight ends since Gallup's injury, meaning he will have even more competition for targets in his return.
Gallup was clearly a focal point of the Cowboys' passing attack in Week 1, drawing 7 targets in just over a half of football. While it was just a single game, it is also worth noting that his average depth of target landed at just 6.0 in Week 1, indicating a potential shift in his role in the offense after posting aDOTs of over 10.0 in each of his first 3 seasons. We'll have to wait and see how Kellen Moore works Gallup back into the team's offense after the bye.
- Curtis Samuel (groin) expected to play in Week 13's matchup against Raiders December 4th, 2021
- Wendell Smallwood elevated from Washington's practice squad, eligible for Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Seahawks promote Adrian Peterson to active roster, expected to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's T.J. Watt activated from COVID-19 reserve list, eligible to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Chase Claypool (toe) not listed on Steelers' Week 13 injury report December 3rd, 2021
- Jacksonville's James Robinson (heel) questionable for Week 13's game against Rams December 3rd, 2021
- Amari Cooper (COVID-19) active for Cowboys' Thursday Week 13 matchup December 2nd, 2021
- Amari Cooper (COVID) officially questionable for Cowboys December 1st, 2021
- Cowboys activate Amari Cooper from COVID-19 list December 1st, 2021
- Amari Cooper (COVID) reportedly expected to play Thursday for Cowboys December 1st, 2021
- Cedrick Wilson (ankle) DNP in Cowboys' Tuesday practice November 30th, 2021
- Ceedee Lamb (concussion) fully practices on Tuesday November 30th, 2021