Washington's Antonio Gibson (shin) undergoing MRI
Washington Football Team running back Antonio Gibson underwent an MRI on his injured shin, per head coach Ron Rivera.
Gibson had been playing through a shin issue for multiple weeks, but it flared up Sunday and limited him to just 23-of-59 offensive snaps and fewer than 50 yards of offense for the first time this season. The Football Team will be on the road to face the Green Bay Packers and Denver Broncos before going on bye in Week 9, so it's possible they will decide to hold Gibson out through then. J.D. McKissic handled 16 touches and gained 110 yards in Sunday's loss to the Kansas City Chiefs while Gibson was hobbled. Jaret Patterson barely played, but he would likely be more involved if Gibson were to miss time.
Gibson averaged negative-0.27 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry in Week 6, currently ranked second-worst among all running backs with double-digit carries. McKissic averaged 0.20, placing ninth out of those at the position with equal-or-greater workloads this week.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Washington's Brian Robinson (knee) ruled out in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Brian Robinson (knee) remains out at Washington practice January 5th, 2023
- Commanders place Antonio Gibson (knee, foot) on injured reserve January 5th, 2023
- Commanders' Brian Robinson (knee) DNP on Wednesday January 4th, 2023
- Taylor Heinicke on backup duty again Week 18 for Washington January 4th, 2023
- Sam Howell named Commanders' Week 18 starter January 4th, 2023