Bengals' Joe Burrow (throat) taken to local hospital after Week 5 loss
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was taken to a local hospital following Sunday's Week 5 loss to the Green Bay Packers with a reported throat contusion.
This is certainly not an ordinary circumstance, but the move is likely purely precautionary after Burrow managed to play the entirety of Sunday's overtime loss. It's unclear when exactly Burrow suffered the injury, but he took several big hits over the course of the contest.
Burrow had big moments in the loss that were only slightly overshadowed by his 2 interceptions. He went 26 of 38 on passes with 2 touchdowns, including multiple highlight-reel connections with first-round pick Ja'Marr Chase. Burrow appears to be all the way back from the knee injury that prematurely ended his rookie campaign.
- Amari Cooper (COVID) reportedly expected to play Thursday for Cowboys December 1st, 2021
- DeAndre Hopkins (hamsting) returns to Cardinals practice December 1st, 2021
- Daniel Jones (neck) expected to miss Giants' Week 13 game; MIke Glennon likely to start November 30th, 2021
- Saints to name starting quarterback Wednesday for Thursday game November 30th, 2021
- Cedrick Wilson (ankle) DNP in Cowboys' Tuesday practice November 30th, 2021
- Alvin Kamara (knee) practices again for Saints November 30th, 2021
- Bengals activate Samaje Perine from COVID-19 list October 21st, 2021
- Joe Mixon (ankle) 'should get full workload' for Bengals October 15th, 2021
- Joe Burrow (throat) practicing in full for Bengals October 13th, 2021
- Joe Mixon (ankle) active at Bengals practice October 13th, 2021
- Bengals' Samaje Perine placed on reserve/COVID list October 11th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (throat) taken to local hospital after Week 5 loss October 10th, 2021