49ers' Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) ruled out of Week 3 Sunday night
San Francisco 49ers running back Elijah Mitchell will not play Sunday in the team's game against the Green Bay Packers.
Mitchell was listed as doubtful, so this isn't a shock whatsoever. It's yet another injury to the 49ers backfield, which has been hurt an incredible amount through three weeks of the season. Trey Sermon, coming off a concussion, figures to be the lead back. Kerryon Johnson and Jacques Patrick should see work behind the rookie.
In 2 games this season, Mitchell had 146 rushing yards on 36 carries with a touchdown. He also added 2 catches on 2 targets with 11 yards.
- Jalen Hurts (ankle) still Eagles starter when healthy December 7th, 2021
- Justin Fields (ribs) uncertain for Bears in Week 14 December 7th, 2021
- Seahawks expect Alex Collins (abdomen) to play Week 14 December 7th, 2021
- Browns put David Njoku on COVID-19 list December 7th, 2021
- Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder) practicing in full for Steelers December 7th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) turns in limited practice session December 7th, 2021
- 49ers' Jeff Wilson dealing with knee injury December 7th, 2021
- Deebo Samuel (groin) day-to-day for 49ers December 7th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell in league concussion protocols December 6th, 2021
- 49ers place Trey Sermon (ankle) on injured reserve December 4th, 2021
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (groin) officially ruled out for Week 13 December 3rd, 2021
- Jauan Jennings could be 49ers No. 2 wideout Week 13 November 30th, 2021